- Mountain Meadows Bath Products use cows milk because milk contains butterfat, one
of Mother Nature's gentlest moisturizers. For generations our
foremothers (and fathers) knew about the healthy and healing
properties of milk for the skin. So we are just renewing some
of that old lore.
- Many bath products contain mineral oil,
a petroleum based oil. It will not absorb which is why a lot
of lotions feel wet or greasy. Worse still, it can clog the skin's
pores and actually dry your skin. For these reasons we never
use mineral oil, instead we use natural oils, primarily olive
oil, which is wonderful for the inside and outside of your body.
- Our bath products are very lightly scented.
We offer three fragrances: Lilac, Honeysuckle, Lavender, and
- The Lilac fragrance is a very light, subtle
scent, excellent for those who are sensitive to fragrances.
- Honeysuckle is a very pleasant floral
fragrance which makes more of a statement, and reminds me of
a warm country evening in May.
- Lavender is a wonderful old fashioned
scent that is known to sooth and comfort. I worked very hard
to find a lavender that smelt like the lavender plants that bloom
in the garden outside my workshop.
- Our new fragrance is Citrus Ginger, a
wonderful fresh spicy fragrance that we think is a nice departure
from our three floral scents.
- Whichever scent you choose, remember,
fragrances are a very personal thing and your own unique body
chemistry will combine to make each scent a personal statement.
- We are often asked about the artwork on
our soap boxes and labels. They all begin as original water colors
by Valerie Poole, who is a very talented animal artist living
in Colorado. The Lavender label features my pony Meg, white donkey
Snow and my Maine coon cat, Maco. The other labels have animals
from our imaginations, although I do have calves, lambs, and
chickens that look just like the ones on the label.
- I hope you enjoy Mountain Meadows Bath
Products as much as I enjoy making them for you. If you have
any questions or comments I would love to hear from you....